Mumbai, India (City Transport Information): The 151th Authority Assembly of Mumbai Metropolitan Area Improvement Authority (MMRDA) was held on November 16, 2021 to discusse the progress of Mumbai’s City and Public Transport Infrastructure. The assembly was held nearly and attened by Eknath Shinde, Minister, City Improvement Division, Maharashtra & Chairman MMRDA and S.V.R. Srinivas, IAS, Metropolitan Commissioner, MMRDA.
On this assembly, approval had been obtained on numerous key infra initiatives of Mumbai Metropolitan Area (MMR). A few of these are:
- Approval was given for the development of Kalyan Bypass street (Half 3) – Mothagaon Bridge to Govindwadi Bypass.
- MMRDA to undertake Bid Course of administration for the appointment of Guide to organize DPR of the flyover connecting Nariman Level to Colaba/Cuffe Parade together with a contractor to implement it.
- Approval was given for the development of an elevated street between Anand Nagar to Saket (6.30km) on Japanese Specific Freeway.
- It was accepted to allot the usages of the plots in G-Block of Bandra-Kura Complicated for4 industrial, 3 residential and a pair of social facilities via E-tenders.
- To assemble the Metro automobile depot for the Metro Line 5 (Thane- Bhiwandi- Kalyan) at MaujeKasheli as an alternative of Kongaon MIDC.
- To determine new Improvement Centres in MMR area on partnership foundation with the land collectors.
- Concretization of important street, slip street from Mahim Junction to DahisarCheck Naka on Western Specific Freeway.
- To cancel the proposed Metro Automobile Depot for Metro Line 7 on Airports Authority of India land at Dahisar and to make half modifications within the design of the Metro Line 9 to assemble Metro Automobile depot at Rai Murdhe for Metro Line 7, 7A and 9.
- Ultimate approval was given to the Report launched just lately onthe Complete Transport Examine (CTS – 2) Updation (2021-41) for MMR together with the Thane Site visitors Affect Examine.
- It was accepted to concretize each the strains of the street from Sion Junction to Golden Dyes Junction, Majiwada, Thane, whole 23.55 km on Japanese Specific Freeway.
- Approx Rs. 1316.18 crores was accepted for the Balkum to Gaimukh, Thane coastal Highway. A 2807mt lengthy FOB (Foot-Over-Bridge) was additionally accepted beneath package deal 1, 2 and three for Metro Line 7.
- The assembly additionally mentioned conceptualization, engineering, procurement and building of Hon. Balasaheb Thackeray Nationwide Memorial within the campus of Mumbai Mayor Residence.
It was additionally proposed to the Authorities of Maharashtra to nominate MMRDA as a particular planning authority to develop 8 developable areas in MMR.
On the conclusion of assembly, Eknath Shinde, The Guarian Minister mentioned, “All these initiatives are a step in the direction of growing MMR additional. The bypass will assist visitors to maneuver quicker and there can be much less congestion on the inner roads of Thane.”