On September 14, 2021, Governor DeSantis introduced that the state will file Laws to eradicate the common-core primarily based, end-of-year Florida Statewide Evaluation and create the brand new Florida Evaluation of Pupil Considering (F.A.S.T.). By creating the F.A.S.T. plan, Florida is changing into the primary state within the nation to totally implement progress monitoring as a substitute of end-of-year standardized testing, and can absolutely eradicate Widespread Core.
By switching to the F.A.S.T. plan, Florida will restore the power for folks and academics to have impactful conversations about college students’ progress by:
- Eliminating the Florida Statewide Evaluation.
- Defending Florida’s #1 within the nation accountability system, that has lifted Florida to the highest 3 within the nation and has finished extra to guard low earnings households, African American and Hispanic college students, and kids with distinctive talents.
- Using progress monitoring to empower educators, mother and father, and most significantly college students to a degree by no means seen earlier than.
- Turning into the 1st state within the nation to modify from end-of-the-year assessments to state standards-aligned progress monitoring for accountability.
- Decreasing testing time, and minimizing the stress of testing to 3 a lot shorter “check-in” assessments within the Fall, Winter and Spring.
What FAST Does:
Understanding Florida’s Evaluation of Pupil Considering